Thursday, February 10, 2011

Member News - February 2011

Comment from Maureen and Chris Walker after seeing A Time to Remember, last weekend:

"We loved the show yesterday and the last number made even me cry a little bit. I started thinking about all the years we have spent in Globe, and even before, in the old Rotary Club days. It has been a wonderful hobby and, although I have spent more than my fair share of moaning and groaning, I have really loved every minute of it! It is really great to go into a show and be hugged and kissed and have that naughty old Joe blowing kisses at me! I think Globe should do more of these types of shows and less book shows in the theatre. The audience loves them. Keep up the good work."

- Congratulations to Maeve Sharkey who recently received first class honours in her Royal Conservatory of Music Grade 7 Voice Exam, distinguishing herself with a rare mark of 88%. Way to go Maeve!

- Congratulations to Kasandra Henson, a Globe youth group veteran and jungle creature in Seussical who just heard that she is accepted to the Theatre Arts Program at Laurentian University. Yeah Kasandra!

- And Glober's great work just keeps on coming - Congratulations to Globe youth company graduate, Travis Paul, who is working hard in the elite Musical Theatre Bachelor of Fine Arts Program at Viterbo University.





No comments:

Post a Comment