Friday, October 22, 2010

Introducing Angel Ottema

We are  delighted to have Angel Ottema in the role as Choreographer for our March Break 2011 youth company show, Seussical

Angel is the owner and director of Dance Spirit Studios in Guelph, Ontario.  http://www.dancespiritstudios.ca/.  Here is a little more about Angel in her own words.

"Dancing has been a "staple" in my life since the age of four and I have hardly missed a beat in over 35 years. I caught the teaching "bug" at the age of 14 and became a certified member of Dance Masters of America (D.M.A.) in 1987. After graduating with an Honours Business Degree from Sheridan College, I opened my first dance studio in Aberfoyle. In the following years, I have continued my education through many distinguished organizations and ultimately D.M.A. Teachers Training School - completing post-graduate work in Dance and Musical Theatre through the University at Buffalo (U@B); where I choose to continue every year with Graduate studies in Dance Education. In 1989 I opened my second dance studio in Rockwood and decided to relocate to Guelph in 2004 to accommodate students from the surrounding areas. Each year I am responsible for directing, producing, costume designing, scenery/prop. designing, and choreographing of Annual Recitals and Community Shows.

Throughout the years I have used my choreographic talents to work with local theatre groups and assist with school plays, large production numbers and performances. I also enjoy the opportunity to volunteer teach to various grade levels at local schools.

With over 25 years of experience teaching Specialized Toddler and Preschool Programs, and all ages/levels in Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Lyrical, Acrobatics, Stepdance, Pointe, Musical Theatre, Modern, Contemporary, Partner/Adagio Dance, Stretch, Dance Fitness, and Social Dance, I feel that Dance Spirit Studios definitely has something to offer for EVERYONE. Most importantly - I love to teach. There is nothing more rewarding than to help someone to learn ~ their success is your success and their achievements are your rewards."

No comments:

Post a Comment