Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Musical Theatre Quote quiz

Think you know your musical theatre? Try this quiz.  Match the quote to the correct musical.  Answers will be provided in December's "Behind the Stage Door".

1. "We're off on a wild goose chase..."

a) "Hans Chrisian Andersen"
b) "Bye, Bye Birdie"
c) "Into the Woods"
d) "Honk!"

2.  "It's all there in his eyes, all he's spoken are lies."

a)  "Jekyll and Hyde"
b)  "Les Miserables"
c)  "The Scarlet Pimpernel"
d)  "Martin Guerre"

3.  "I can feel my hand, trembling hard, on Michelle's angora sweater..."

a)  "Falsettolands"
b)  "Snoopy"
c)  "Is There Life After High School?"
d)  "Footloose"

4.  "God, I hope I've made the right decision, Do I want to be somebody's wife?"

a)  "Martin Guerre"
b)  "The Beautiful Game"
c)  "Once Upon a Mattress"
d)  "Queen of Hearts"

5.  "I mean in bed, George, I mean, he kneads me..."

a)  "Martin Guerre"
b)  "Pal Joey"
c)  "Sunday in the Park with George"
d)  "I Can Get It for You Wholesale"

6.  "Hot Sunday night, I guess the folks were busy fighting..."

a)  "Ragtime"
b)  "First Kids in Space"
c)  "The Flower Girl"
d)  "Smile"

7.  "She should have a pony, gallop 'cross the Moors..."

a)  "Into the Woods"
b)  "The Secret Garden"
c)  "Once on This Island"
d)  "Parade"

8.  "The old man's a goner for sure - it'll kill you as well!"

a)  "Les Miserables"
b)  "How to Suceed in Business Without Really Trying"
c)  "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change"
d)  "Dance of the Dragon"

9.  "I dream of a place where the songs come on cue, where music surrounds us exciting and new."

a)  "Company"
b)  "Fiddler on the Roof"
c)  "The Witches of Eastwick"
d)  "Promises, Promises"

10.  "Demons are prowling everywhere nowadays."

a)  "Miss Saigon"
b)  "Sweeny Todd"
c)  "Always"
d)  "The Music Man"

11.  "Marry the man today, trouble though he may be."

a)  "Oklahoma"
b)  "Guys and Dolls"
c)  "Carousel"
d)  "Fairy Norman"

12.  "...the boys are feeling lusty, and the girls ain't even putting up a fight!"

a)  "Oklahoma"
b)  "Carousel"
c)  "Brigadoon"
d)  "My Fair Lady"

13.  "Suddenly, I've run out of secrets..."

a)  "Nine"
b)  "Taboo"
c)  "Mamma Mia!"
d)  "Chess"

14.  "The dashboard's genuine leather..."

a)  "Guys and Dolls"
b)  "State Fair"
c)  "Oklahoma!"
d)  "Carinval"

15.  "The angel sees, the angel knows."

a)  "Wings on Fire"
b)  "Rock Nativity"
c)  "The Phantom of the Opera"
d)  "Whistle Down the Wind"

16.  "What am I doing out on the rooftop?"

a)  "Baby"
b)  "Little Shop of Horrors"
c)  "Promises, Promises"
d)  "Closer Than Ever"

17.  "The river won't flow for me, no, no,no!"

a)  "Mame"
b)  "Nine"
c)  "Silent Waters"
d)  "Songs for a New World"

18.  "I can feel the frost now, that makes my spring and summer dreams seem lost now."

a)  "The Snowman"
b)  "The Secret Garden"
c)  "Starting Here, Starting Now"
d)  "Honk!"

19.  "Jamie is over and Jamie is gone."

a)  "Baby"
b)  "Pal Joey"
c)  "Parade"
d)  "The Last Five Years"

20.  "My heart, she's so full of you!"

a)  "Company"
b)  "The Most Happy Fella"
c)  "Sweeney Todd"
d)  "Sweet Charity"

Quiz taken from http://www.funtrivia.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment